12/06/2012

New Look Christmas Party Competition - Dressing For Your Body Type

When I was contacted about New Look's Christmas Party competition, I was so excited to get started on my entry. This competition is all about dressing for your body shape, and proving that no matter what shape you are, there is the perfect party dress to suit you.

The best place to start is to work out what body shape you are, and New Look have provided this handy guide to help you.



As I have big boobs, wide hips and a small(ish) waist, I am an Hourglass, so the styles to suit my shape are bodycon, a-line and cinched-in waist. I have a bit of a belly so I tend to stay away from bodycon styles, however dresses with a cinched-in waist and a flaired a-line skirt are just up my street.

I have to say I found so many options in the party range, but my entry is below:





The waistline on this dress is hugely flattering on an hourglass figure (especially one like mine with a bit of a tummy) and the collar is really cute and perfect for Christmas when you want to sparkle under the fairy lights. These shoes match the dress perfectly and with the platform sole and T-bar strap would be super comfortable, not to mention how sophisticated and classic they look. The stacked bracelets won't overpower the dress (you won't need to many accessories as the collar is the main focus) but will help the whole outfit come together and look finished.

I absolutely love this outfit and may actually have to treat myself in time for the upcoming Christmas parties!

Which dress would you choose to match your body type?

Charlotte
x