3/06/2013

Review - L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Hair Protector

Just a quicky today! I've just received some makeup sponges in the post today so I'll be doing a review on those on Friday, but today I thought I'd share my thoughts on the new craze that is hair oil.

The word oil was really offputting for me. I have greasy hair naturally anyway, and the thought of adding extra to this wasn't appealing.

However, there's been so much hype around them that I thought I'd give it a go, so I ordered a free sample off the L'oreal website. Pretty glad I did too.




The sample comes in the form of a thin little sachet, with a booklet telling you all about the product and how to use it. There are four possible ways to use this oil:


  • Before shampooing
  • As a masque
  • Before styling
  • As a finishing touch

I decided to use this before styling, after I got out of the shower and my hair was still damp. The oil is light as totally different what I was expecting - I thought it would leave my hands feeling slimy or sticky, but that didn't happen at all and I didn't even feel the need to wash my hands afterwards, it just sort of dissolved. There's also no oily smell or colour, you could mistake this for water if you didn't know better.

After shampooing and conditioning my hair as normal, I towel dried my hair and ran a couple of drops through the mid to end section of my hair. I'm not using heat at the moment as I'm growing my hair, so no hair drying or styling was involved afterwards, I just left it to air dry.

I literally have never have had softer hair in my life. My hair is shiny, silky smooth and feels so nourished and in good condition, which I rarely get as I have bleached hair. There are no flyaways or frizz, just light, clean feeling hair. The only thing I am not sure about is that because the hair is so soft, it's a bit difficult to manage, but that's probably due to my lack of experience in having well conditioned hair! I also think that this oil has made my hair colour brighter and less brassy, which I love.

5 stars from me, I will definitely be purchasing a bottle of this in the future.



You can find L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil in Boots for £9.99 for an 100ml bottle.

Have you tried hair oils yet? What experiences have you had?

Charlotte
x