9/13/2012

OOTD: Newlook Goodies and Smokey Eye

The benefit of having a friend who works in New Look is the 25% off friends and family discount vouchers. It couldn't have come at a better time really, as I'm low on money due to my car dying on me last month (who ever said Mini's were reliable?!), plus I realised I have very few winter clothes in my wardrobe, which isn't great now the weather in England has gone all arctic on us.

So on my lunch break yesterday I strolled up the road to the little New Look shop, expecting to buy one or two jumpers.

Nope, came away with 7 items didn't I? Thank god for that voucher.

My favourite outfit from my new purchases is the one below. Although I love makeup and doing my hair, I can still look quite boyish due to the length of it and the dramatic makeup I often choose. However, this outfit makes me feel girly for once. I love how long and flowy the hi-low skirt is, and paired with the cape-like cardigan/shawl in the gorgeous peachy colour I felt cosy but dressy all at the same time.

I added the slim tan belt because unfortunately, without a belt the waistband of the skirt is quite "bunchy" (is that a word?) where it's elasticated, but the belt covers that quite nicely. I paired the skirt with a simple black t-shirt from Primark because I didn't want to look too overdone, and some black dolly shoes/pumps. 
The necklace was also from New Look (from a few weeks ago) and was in their 3 for 2 deal, so bargains all round really.

I decided to do a simple smokey eye to go with the black skirt, with neutral makeup elsewhere.



Charlotte
x