12/27/2012

What I Received This Christmas & Christmas Discounts

I always love asking my friends what they got for Christmas, partyl because I'm nosey but also partly because if I like the idea of something they got that I didn't think of, I might be able to find it in the sales.

So here's a list of the presents I got this year for you to have a nose at:


I never knew I wanted an iPad until I got one. I know that sounds silly, but I have an iPhone and a laptop so I never thought I would have the need for an iPad, but after receiving one for Christmas I now see what I've been missing out on.

The apps are great, the screen is amazing (images are so clear and bright), it's amazingly fast, and the iPad Mini fits right in my hand comfortably meaning it's easier to use than it's larger brother.




Doc Martens are just one of those brands that seem to never go out of fashion. I've wanted a pair for ages but they're quite pricey, and up until now I wasn't really brave enough to try and pull them off. But this Christmas I finally asked for a pair and got them, in a beautiful patent purple.

I wore them for a long walk on Boxing Day, and it was a pretty big mistake to be honest. I should have broken them in first because I have a huge blister on my right heel because of these! I've read up on some methods of breaking them in now though so I'll give that a go, but if that doesn't work I'll just have to suffer through the pain because they are beautiful!


This is a bit of a cheat because I actually bought these for myself on Christmas Eve, but just look at that price! A pair of Jeffrey Campbells for under £30!!! When I saw these in the window with that sale price on them I thought they had made a mistake so I ran in, asked for my size and nearly cried when they had some left.

Although they look rediculously high, they're actually really comfy plus have the added benefit of making your legs look miles long. There are still a few sizes left on the website and may be some left in the shops if you get there quickly.



I usually get Thierry Mugler Angel for Christmas, as it's my favourite and a bit different to other perfumes, but this year I got his new scent, Alien, in a gift set. To be honest, I prefer this one to Angel, as it's a bit more toned down but is still quirky. The official description of the scent is "Rich, floral woody amber containing Jasmine Sambac, exotic Cashmeran Wood and White Amber".

The gift set also contained a body cream and a shower gel, which both contain the same scent and are small enough to take with you when travelling.



I think every girl I know got one of these for Christmas, as they were reduced to less than half price just before the end of December. I absolutely love Soap and Glory products so I'm glad to have a big stash of their products - I even bought a second one just so I don't run out!

This gift set contains The Righteous Butter Body Butter (300ml), Hand Food™ Hand Cream (125ml), Sugar Crush™ Body Scrub (300ml), Clean On Me™ Shower Gel (500ml), Smoothie Star™ Body Milk (500ml), Heel Genius™ Foot Mask (125ml), Peaches & Clean™ Cleansing Milk (200ml), Super-Colour Sexy Mother Pucker™ Lip Plumper in Punch Bowl (3ml) and Thick & Fast™ Super Volume Mascara (10ml).

They all smell absolutely amazing, plus their sugar crush body scrub is the only scrub I've ever used which actually managed to get rid of the, what I call, "chicken skin" on the backs of my arms and tops of my thighs, so this is like gold dust to me.

I also got lots of little bits and bobs, socks, pyjamas, books etc, but I won't bore you with those!

What did you get for Christmas this year?

Charlotte
x